Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Project Finish Line

Hi all - I'm back! Back from vacation (more on that later) and back to blogging - I seriously cannot believe March 6 (20 days ago!) was my last post.

Why such a hiatus? Well, I've been busy sewing. And emailing. And calling Mom with excitement (!!!) and LOTS of panic. Two and half years ago I started Love Elaine as a way to feed my addiction for fabric, and make a little bit of money doing it. And now, the business is taking off in ways that I could have never dreamed in my wildest dreams!  Since I like to wait on announcing news until its "official official" as in, signed, sealed and delivered, you'll have to stay tuned for announcements on some of my biggest news. (Sorry to tease, I just like to have all the facts when putting it out there for the world to see!)

In the meantime, I can share a lot of finished projects to keep you all at bay. In no particular order:

Here is my entry into the Moda Sliced Design Competition back at the end of February (I told you I was behind!) The details were at Moda Bake Shop and you can see all the entries in their Flickr Group. I wasn't selected for the final 4 or honorable mentions, but I had SO MUCH FUN coming up with an idea and executing it.


Next up are two Amy Butler Birdie Sling tote bags I made for a friend and her cousin about to embark on a Cruise! This bag is so versatile - it can be a beach/pool bag, or a tote when heading to the farmers market for the day. And, its so fun and stylish! I love how it looks so different depending on the fabric used! I can't decide which is my favorite - I love them both for different reasons!



I finished up another set of letters - these are for an adorable 4 year old as he moved into a "big boy" room to make room for a new baby brother or sister on the way!


There is a serious baby epidemic (and I'm not complaining) going on this spring! And I just love it! Great story about this bag is that a friend of a friend purchased a bag for another friend (confusing I know) 2 years ago at one of my first trunk shows. Fast forward, and when that friend was expecting baby #2, friend who received the bag contacted me to make a purple baby bag as a gift! I just LOVE when things like that happen! And, I'm in love with the Love Elaine baby bag - this purple is so sophisticated - its sure to be a cute bag for mom when the little ones get bigger! And, I'm super bummed because I made another bag this weekend for a shower, and in my true last minute fashion, I finished it two hours before the shower and didn't get a picture. But, its in SUPER CUTE pink and green. Stay tuned for listings in the shop of these great bags!


Part of my super exciting news is that I started working with a local professional organizing company here in Richmond on some product development for a conference. Their conference was last week, and let's just say our products were a HUGE hit. Below is a sneak peek of the custom Utility Apron sample, which, I'm keeping for me, as its in my signature plum and grey!! I'll be posting more photos of the products and the company in the coming weeks!



Speaking of the shop - I've updated the shop with new Spring Aprons! Have you seen them yet?! A hint - there is grey and yellow, as well as teal and orange. And there might be birds involved! I hope you'll head on over and check them out! I'll have more on those tomorrow - yes, tomorrow! I promise ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment