Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Bloggers Choice Fat Quarter Bundle

Fat Quarter Shop, an online fabric store that I often frequent, has been hosting bloggers to choose their favorite fabrics into a Fat Quarter Bundle and making them available to everyone. Its a great way to see many fabrics from different lines used together, plus inspiration with different colors and patterns.

Usually this honor is bestowed only on those very important fabric bloggers, but luckily for me, Lara at Quokka Quilts is hosting a contest where anyone can make up their own Fat Quarter Bundle! I jumped at the chance to do a bit of fabric window shopping (full disclosure - I probably fabric window shop EVERY SINGLE DAY. Its an obsession. I might need help. But, I realize there could be worse things that I spend all of my free brain space day dreaming about.)

So, without further ado, here is my submission.


Anyone who knows me or has seen my bags, its clear to see that I am a HUGE fan of Amy Butler as well as large floral prints. Naturally, I started with a new print from Amy's Lark Collection and went from there. I was actually inspired by 2 things - 1) my niece Alexis stated her favorite colors were Orange, Blue and Lime green when asked before Christmas, as I was going to make her a bag out of this very fabric but she ended up picking out one I had already made, and 2) I've been searching for the perfect orange and teal fabrics to update the decor in my living room.

Links to the fabrics are below, in case you want to do some shopping :)

1. Amy Butler's Lark, 2. Amy Butler's Lark, 3. Art Gallery Modernology, 4. Art Gallery Nature Elements, 5. Joel Dewberry Heirloom, 6. Michael Miller Bella Butterfly, 7. Riley Blake Decadence, 8. Michael Miller Secret Garden, 9. Riley Blake Sunny Happy Skies, 10. Joel Dewberry Heirloom, 11. Ty Pennington Impressions II, 12. Dear Stella, 13. Michael Miller Cotton Couture Solid Mint, 14. Michael Miller Cotton Couture Solid Orange , 15. Michael Miller Cotton Couture Solid Starfruit

If you want to see other submissions, check out a few of my favorites from other bloggers:


Lee at Freshly Pieced
Kristen at KD Quilts
Charise at Sewingly Along

Head on over and submit your own! Happy Sewing!

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous selection, Christen! Love them all:) Just noticed you had some new lovelies in your shop-can't wait to take a look! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is beautiful! I probably wouldn't have put these colors together on my own, but they're great. Oh, and I fabric window shop at least once a day...I'm sure that's healthy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices..i especially love the first print..

    ReplyDelete