Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Oh Baby! Oh Boy!

There has been a lot of baby items flying out the door this summer! I recently had the pleasure of making items for my bestest friend Julie's sister Katie, who is expecting a little boy, Jackson, in early October. Katie smartly put in her request for a baby bag and nursery letters at Julie's shower this past winter - here is the link to Sophia's letters in case you missed those.

The best part is that I was able to see her reaction to the items at the shower! Unfortunately, I was too engrossed with holding Sophia, but I do have photos of the items!



Custom Baby Bag


Jackson Nursery Letters - Custom made to match Pottery Barn Junior Varsity Bedding. For more amazing photos of the letters, check out this blog post at Callie Hardman Photography. Katie used the letters in her maternity photo shoot - and I am just in LOVE with the photos of Katie & Ricky, and the letters too of course!

And finally, because everything on this blog doesn't have to be fabric related, I also provided my "crafty consultation" to Julie on the shower's munchkin cake! Katie requested a munchkin cake, and the night before Julie asked me "So, umm, do you have any ideas on how one would make a munchkin cake?!" Julie made the final product, but it was my idea to use a styrofoam cone from a craft store as the base. Didn't she do a great job? It was very yummy!



Munchkin Cake - made of roughly 200 donut holes

And, we don't want to forget the girls! Here are a couple baby quilts with personalization that have found their way into new homes!




Fabric is Lilly & Will II by Bunny Hill for Moda. Pattern designed by me, quilted by Mom. Don't you just LOVE the Pink, Cream and brown? And the bunnies?!


Love this quilt with the name and birthdate! Fabric from Connecting Threads.

We have lots of new baby quilts on the way! If you have a shower coming up or a baby on the way, I love to do custom orders based on your nursery theme or colors. You can either check out my shop on Etsy or send an email to christen (at) love-elaine (dot) com with your request.


ZEEVW4GPT6SE

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering what to give my newborn niece and thats when i came across this blog of yours..thanks a ton for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete