Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

My Pinterest Ode To Halloween

Ok, I'm going to reveal a secret about me that only my friends know - I secretly hate Halloween.  Well, scratch that, I hate the dressing up/costume part of Halloween.  It wasn't always this way, as I have many a fond memory of dressing up in costumes and having a blast at the Halloween parties my mom threw for me and my friends - there was the crab apple toss, bobbing for apples and apples hanging from a string in the garage and you couldn't use your hands to grab a bite! Clearly, my mom knows how to throw a Halloween Par-tay!

Well, all that changed once I got to college.  With Halloween came serious amounts of PRESSURE to think of the most cute/creative/sexy/funny/witty costume, and each year I failed. Miserably.  So, now that there is no group pressure to participate, I have just given up. Which is OK by me, and probably everyone else in the world - see photographic evidence below.


However, there is one thing I like about Halloween - I LOVE handing out candy to Trick or Treaters! LOVE IT! (I promise its not as creepy/crazy as it sounds!) See, I'm not a total Halloween Scrooge.

Anywhoo, this year thanks to Pinterest I came to the realization that I might actually like some things about Halloween - I pinned them without even knowing! Who's surprised that all of them are handmade? Not me.  So, without further ado, here are a few things that are inspiring me to at least think about making a few decor items and actually decorating for Halloween NEXT year.

 Love all of the Black & White Glam decor ideas from Ellie G. at Less Cake {More Frosting}.  
More photos and ideas on her blog!




Just discovered an awesome blog, The House of Smiths, for this great pillow - which includes a tutorial


And finally, every holiday is not complete without rhinestones! How cute is this white pumpkin from BHG.com.

Has anyone created anything fun for Halloween this year? I'd love to see it and get more inspiration! Oh, and please feel free to share your own Halloween horror stories - still can't believe I shared that photo of myself...

ps - Do you like us on Facebook? Stay tuned for an exciting contest on our Facebook page next month! You won't want to miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment