Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Handmade Hot List: Neon {A New Weekly Feature}

I’m so excited to launch a new weekly feature today – the Handmade Hot List! Each week, I’ll pick a theme and bring you the hottest handmade items, for yourself or gifting. Ever since joining the handmade community, I’ve been amazed at the talent and creativity of other handmade artisans, that I have almost solely used other Etsy shops for all of my gift giving for all occasions - birthdays, baby showers, wedding showers and Christmas.


So, without further ado, here is the first Handmade Hotlist – Neon! When I first started seeing this trend come back, I immediately thought of the 80’s and my neon wigwam socks. I was SO not ready for that trend to return, but, with these 5 items you’ll see that the trend can be sophisticated and super fun!


Neon Bubble Necklace by DolorisPetunia on Etsy
First up, a gorgeous hand-dyed necklace by Deloris Petunia. This necklace is amazing, and can you believe the colors are hand-dyed? I love it because it is right on trend with all of the bubble necklaces popping up.

Screen printed Neon Pillow Cover by ElRanchoRelaxo on Etsy
I just LOVE this screen printed neon pillow cover. I love the balance of the neon geometric print with the pale linen, and I love the back detail that features wooden buttons. Simple, yet packs a great pop of color.


Neon Pave Tear Drop Earrings by RocksPaperMetal on Etsy

How cute are these simple tear drop earrings? I just love the idea of wearing these earrings as a way to "class up" a neutral outfit this fall. These would make a great gift for a girl who loves her accessories!

Modern Wooden Salad Bowls by Wind and Willow Home on Etsy
There is nothing I love more than kitchen accessories and these wooden salad bowls are amazing! I think I love them more because the pink matches the Love Elaine logo.  And, what is even better about these bowls is that the pink neon isn't paint - the bowls are hand-dipped in a soft rubbery plastic, which makes the bowls non-slip!

Neon Arrows print by Amanda Helmer on Etsy

Arrows are super popular right now, and I love this print in bright neon colors as a way to add color to a room without going overboard. It would also look great in a baby nursery or kids room. Check out her shop for other cute prints.

Hope you enjoyed the first Handmade Hot List! What was your favorite? Have you embraced neon? I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas for upcoming hot list posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment